If you are seeking a home tutor role, you will be expected to fulfill certain requirements, which include:
- Education: Most home tutoring positions requires a Bachelor degree often in the specific subject the candidates specialize in teaching. Although a High School diploma maybe acceptable for an entry level tutoring job for grade 1-8 students, however, most home tutoring jobs require a Bachelor’s degree in Education or in a related course of study
- Experience: Home tutors are required to have prior experience with teaching and should demonstrate expertise in the subject area they plan to teach. Having a prior experience as a class room teacher is an added advantage
- Communication Skill: The basic essence of teaching is through effective communication. By this, home tutors most be great communicators. Having a good communication skill will help deliver the required information to the student in a simplified and easy to understand mode
- Organizational Skill: Home tutors most have good organizational skills to present and represent information and data in good form and manner. This includes having good presentation, book keeping, and word processing skills
- Knowledge: Home tutors must have verse knowledge of the specific academic subject to be taught
- Ability: They should be able to encourage and push students to improve their academic performance through efficient strategies
- Home tutor should have patience, empathy, and compassion for students as they respond to teaching on their own pace while developing the required skill.